23 August 2006

Thoughts by Verse: Grace and Peace

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father. (Colossians 1:1-2, ESV)

I walk my life's path
Set by You; As I advance,
You grow before me.

With advance, I see
more clearly how much I lack,
How little I bring

You've chosen me for
life eternal; yet, all I
find to give is filth

The price is so high,
Oh, that I could contribute,
But, You have paid all.

As I grow in You,
I see that I am mere man
I have nought to give [1]

At the trailhead, I
Knew I needed Grace. But, to
Know how much I need.

I grow in Your Grace
As I grow in knowledge of
You. Make less of me. [2]

A life of pain and
Regret is not Your path. No;
"Grace to you, and Peace".

With Your Grace comes peace
Peace this world cannot offer.
With You in control

To know that I am
Loved by God, saved from just death,
My life has meaning.

Know God: He loves you
Know Grace: Life bought through Jesus
Know Peace: Life with God.


Grace to you, and Peace from God our Father.


----
References:
[1] Isaiah 6:5
[2] 2 Peter 3:18
[3] Vastness of God's Grace

1 comment:

Galant said...

Great poem Trin. Perhaps my favourite line - I knew I'd need grace - but how much? :)